Golden Milk Turmeric Tea Recipe – Masala Haldi Doodh
Try this golden milk turmeric tea recipe and feel its health-improving effects. Or just enjoy the delicious and spicy taste.
- 4 cups Ful-Fat Cow's Milk or Plant-Based Milk
- 2 tsp Ground Turmeric (or a 2-inch piece of grated fresh turmeric root)
- 2 pcs Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 inch Sliced Fresh Ginger Root
- 2 tsp Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (or ghee)
- 6 pcs green cardamom pods (slightly crushed)
- vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Raw Honey
- Ground Cinnamon for Serving
Add the milk, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, and black pepper to a saucepan. Add also the green cardamom if you want to use it.
Simmer for about 5 minutes on low heat.
Add extra virgin coconut oil or ghee if you want. Mix, remove from heat, cover and let sit for another 5 minutes.
Add honey if you want to make your tea sweet. Strain into cups. You can also sprinkle some ground cinnamon on top for a nice visual effect. Enjoy!