I’m someone who is always on the lookout for teas that can provide a natural way to improve my health. So I was very curious to try Yogi Detox Tea!
This popular herbal tea claims to support the body’s natural detoxification process and promote overall wellness.
But does it live up to the hype?
In this review of Yogi Detox Tea, I’ll share my experience of drinking this herbal tea and provide an in-depth assessment of its benefits and possible side effects.
The Yogi Tea brand has an interesting background. Its origin lies in the 1960s when a Kundalini Yoga master Yogi Bhajan came to Europe. He prepared some Ayurvedic herbal tea which he frequently offered his students.
When the Yogi Tea brand was founded in the late 1980s it only offered the original blend from master Yogi Bhajan that was made with cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, and black pepper.
Nowadays the brand has a large selection of delicious teas which offer many health benefits and Yogi Detox Tea is one of the best sellers.
- Contains ingredients that can help cleanse and detox your body
- Tastes delicious
- Certified USDA Organic and Non-GMO
While this is the original and most popular cleansing tea from Yogi, the brand also offers several additional detox teas with some interesting ingredients and flavors.
Other Yogi detox teas include:
- Yogi Peach Detox Tea: Similar to the original Yofi Detox Tea but contains peach pieces for some additional fruity notes.
- Yogi Roasted Dandelion Spice Detox Tea: A herbal detox blend where some ingredients of the original tea have been replaced with roasted dandelion, dandelion root, and cocoa shell.
- Yogi Berry Detox Tea: Contains some of the same cleansing herbs as the original blend with added fruity and floral ingredients.
- Yogi Soothing Rose Hibiscus Skin Detox Tea: Similar to the Berry Detox Tea but contains green tea and various floral ingredients instead of berry flavor.
In addition to detox teas, Yogi also has many other interesting products that can help us cope with the challenges of the busy and draining modern world.
Yogi Detox Tea Ingredients
Before we take a deeper look at the benefits and effectiveness of Yogi Detox Tea, let’s see what it’s made of.
This tea is a blend of herbs and spices that are traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine to support the body’s natural cleansing processes. Below is a photo that I took showing the full list of its ingredients.
Next, let’s see how each ingredient could help detox your body. Note that the ingredients can also have many additional health benefits but I will not discuss them here.
- Indian Sarsaparilla Root: Can prevent damage to the liver and as the liver is an organ that collects and removes toxins it can help with cleansing your body.
- Cinnamon Bark: While cinnamon doesn’t necessarily have any cleansing properties it adds a nice flavor and contains plenty of healthy antioxidants.
- Ginger Root: One of the best teas for liver, ginger can improve overall liver health and protect from nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
- Licorice Root: Adds some natural sweetness to the tea and aids digestion.
- Burdock Root: Contains ingredients that can help remove toxins from the bloodstream.
- Dandelion Root: Animal studies indicate that dandelion root may help prevent liver damage.
- Cardamom Pod: Has a soothing aroma and may decrease elevated liver enzymes.
- Clove Bud: Contains eugenol that may improve liver function and decrease oxidative stress.
- Black Pepper: Promotes better gut health and may improve absorption of nutrients.
- Juniper Berry Extract: Increases urine output without loss of electrolytes, which can help with getting rid of toxins faster.
- Yellow Dock Root: May stimulate the detoxification process in the liver.
- Red Clover Leaf and Flower: Acts as a diuretic and may help your body get rid of excess fluid and cleanse the liver.
All ingredients listed above are certified USDA organic.
Yogi Detox Tea Benefits
While Yogi Detox Tea is not a miracle drink that will will instantly cleanse your body of all toxins, it has some powerful ingredients that can help with detoxing, promoting liver health, and supporting digestion.
Here are the main benefits of Yogi Detox Tea:
1. Cleansing and Purifying
This herbal tea has many ingredients that can help remove toxins from your body through several mechanisms. For example, juniper berry and red clover remove excess fluids from the body while burdock root can aid in purifying the blood.
2. Liver Health
The liver is one of the most important organs in the body, responsible for filtering toxins and waste products from the blood. Yogi Detox Tea contains several ingredients that support liver health, including dandelion, Indian sarsaparilla, and clove bud. These ingredients may help protect the liver from damage and promote healthy liver function.
3. Digestive Health
Yogi Detox Tea also contains several ingredients that support digestive health, including ginger, licorice, and black pepper. These ingredients help to soothe the digestive tract, reduce inflammation, and improve digestion. Yogi Detox Tea may also help to relieve constipation and promote regular bowel movements.
4. Weight Loss
While Yogi Detox Tea is not marketed as a weight loss product, it can help with controlling appetite and maintaining healthy digestion that supports losing weight.
Yogi Detox Tea Side Effects
All ingredients in Yogi Detox Tea are generally considered safe in small amounts and I haven’t noticed any negative side effects while drinking it. It’s also naturally caffeine-free, so you don’t have worry about sleeping problems if you drink it in the evening.
The most common side effects you might have is stomach discomfort, if you drink the tea on an empty stomach or an allergic reaction, if you are allergic to some of the herbs included in the tea. The tea also has some diuretic qualities, which means it can cause increased urination and fluid loss if you don’t drink enough water.
It should be noted that some compounds in this tea can be harmful if consumed in excessive amounts. For example, eugenol that is found in cloves and is beneficial for liver in small amounts, is actually toxic in high amounts. But having one or two cups of this tea daily doesn’t contain too much any one ingredient for it to be harmful.
Yet, if you’re pregnant, breastfeeding, or on prescribed medication, you should consult your doctor before drinking Yogi Detox Tea.
Brewing a cup of Yogi Detox Tea is simple and easy. The package instructions tell us to boil some water and steep one tea bag for about 7 minutes.
Additional Tip: Cover the mug so that the water doesn’t cool down too fast and steep the tea for at least 10 minutes. This way you can extract more of the beneficial compounds and flavor from each tea bag.
If you want to make your detox teas even stronger, you can use two tea bags to brew one cup of tea.
Yogi Detox Tea Review – Does It Work?
While Yogi Detox Tea is marketed as a way to “detox” the body, it’s important to note that there is no scientific evidence to support the idea that detoxing is necessary or beneficial for most people.
So does Yogi Detox Tea work?
I definitely feel like this tea is good for my stomach and improves digestion when I drink it during or after meals.
There is also scientific research that indicates many of the tea’s ingredients can improve liver health and help cleanse the body. But there’s no way to notice these benefits in a short period of time and without some extensive lab tests. So I can’t really say if it actually provided me with these advantages.
It’s also important to maintain a healthy diet and exercise routine in conjunction with using Yogi Detox Tea for maximum benefits. Drinking the tea alone will not result in significant weight loss or detoxification.
One thing I really like about this tea is that it smells and tastes great!
When you open one of the individually wrapped teabags you can smell various spices, like cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and clove. The aroma of the brewed tea is pleasant with spicy tones and reminds me of chai. Yogi Detox Tea has a pleasant and slightly sweet taste with some earthy and spicy flavors.
Final Thoughts on Yogi Detox Tea
After trying out Yogi Detox Tea and doing some research, I can definitely recommend it to anyone who likes herbal teas. It may help with detoxing, eliminating toxins from the body, and improving digestion.
I really like slowly sipping a cup of this tea every night before bedtime. I feel like inhaling its aroma and having a relaxing moment helps me with calming down before going to bed and the tea also aids digestion after dinner.
While living healthy takes more than just a cup of Yogi tea a day, it can be a good start for a wholesome and more balanced life!
Save on Pinterest: